It was about 1988 when a friend of mine lent me his Commodore 128 Computer with cassette tape for storage. I read a short handbook on programming, I think it was BASIC. I was amused with programming music. I wrote the code for Mary Had A Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. My fascination beset me and I continued to fill my brain with data!
In 1989 my husband and I bought the kids (then, 6 and 11) an Epson Equity1+. It had a whomping huge 20 MB hard drive and 128k RAM. We also bought an Epson top-of-the-line DOT MATRIX printer with continuous feed paper!
The computer age had arrived and we didn't want the kids to be left behind. In those first few years, I don't remember the kids taking to the computer very much, maybe it was because I was always on it.
Word Perfect and Harvard Graphics were two of my favorite programs. Space Quest III was my favorite game. It was about the time Leisure Suit Larry was becoming popular. I never cared much for Larry, Roger Wilco was my man. I liked space travel.
its pretty amazing how far computers have come isnt it.
ReplyDelete